The physiotherapist practices in compliance with all the legislative and regulatory requirements of their jurisdiction.
Clients can expect that the services they receive are delivered by a registered physiotherapist who is in compliance with legislation and regulatory requirements applicable to her/his practice.
- Maintains current registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Alberta.
- Is knowledgeable of and complies with all relevant legislative and regulatory requirements in Alberta (e.g., privacy legislation, Workers’ Compensation Act, Radiation Protection Regulation) applicable to her/his practice.
- Practices in accordance with physiotherapy regulatory requirements (e.g., scope of practice, Code of Ethics, Standards of Practice, continuing competence, mandatory reporting, use of title).
- Takes responsibility and is accountable for her/his actions.
- Conducts her/himself in a manner that promotes respect for the profession.