The physiotherapist uses her/his title, credentials, and other designations to clearly identify her/himself to clients, other health providers, and the public.
Clients can expect that the physiotherapist uses her/his protected title to facilitate clear identification during physiotherapy service delivery.
- Is registered with the College of Physiotherapists of Alberta when using the protected title.
- Identifies her/himself using the protected title as outlined by the College of Physiotherapists of Alberta.
- Uses other credentials accurately, in association with and following the protected title, in a manner that has meaning for the public and according to regulatory requirements.
- Uses the title “Doctor” or “Dr” and/or clinical specialist designations in accordance with regulatory requirements and any criteria established by Council.
- Reports the unauthorized use of the protected title to the College of Physiotherapists of Alberta.