The physiotherapist is responsible for ensuring that the fees charged for physiotherapy services are transparent and justifiable to enable clients to make informed choices.
Clients can expect that fee schedules and billing practices for physiotherapy services are transparent, justifiable, and clearly communicated.
- Maintains current knowledge of funding sources for physiotherapy services and complies with funding requirements, policies and procedures.
- Clearly communicates applicable fees to clients and payors prior to the provision of physiotherapy services.
- Provides a fee schedule that includes transparent and accurate information about billing policies and all potential charges (e.g., assessments, reports, cancellations, equipment, any additional specialized fees, interest charges).
- Provides clients with clear, transparent, accurate, and comprehensive invoices/receipts, in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate and complete financial records related to the provision of services.
- Is responsible for all billing under her/his registration number, identifying and correcting any errors in a timely manner.
- Confirms processes are in place to resolve issues arising from billing disputes.