The physiotherapist who is also registered as a member of another regulated health profession in Alberta administers each health service as a separate and distinct entity, and informs the client of their role when providing each distinct health-care service.
Clients can expect that the physiotherapist clearly identifies the role and service that they are providing at the time of client care delivery.
- Communicates effectively with the client regarding the differences in health provider roles performed and informs the client of which service they are providing.
- Establishes each health and business practice as a distinct entity, maintaining:
- Separate billing and financial records for each practice.
- Different entries in a shared client record that clearly identify which professional role/service was provided or establishing separate client records for each health service.
- Separate appointment books and/or distinct days and times for providing each service.
- Clearly documents which health service was provided at each client visit.
- Provides the services that the client initially sought, unless those services are not in the client’s best interest.