The physiotherapist promotes collaborative practice with clients, health-care team members, and other stakeholders to support the delivery of integrated, quality, client-centered care.
Clients can expect that the physiotherapist collaborates effectively with others to promote integrated client-centered care.
- Inquires about situations where patients may be receiving or considering concurrent treatment from another health-care practitioner for the same or a related problem.
- Works collaboratively with clients, health-care team members, and other stakeholders to promote shared decision-making and integrated care.
- Clearly explains funding implications of concurrent treatment to the client.
- Uses shared leadership and conflict resolution strategies to resolve or accept differences and optimize effective team collaboration.
- Communicates effectively, obtaining informed consent and maintaining confidentiality with clients, team members, and other stakeholders at all times.
- Shares information with clients, team members, and other stakeholders about the roles and responsibilities of physiotherapists in client-centered care.
- Consults with/refers to the appropriate team member when aspects of clients’ goals are best addressed by another provider.
- Communicates effectively with clients, team members, and other stakeholders to facilitate collaboration and coordinate care.
- Participates in concurrent treatment of the same condition when approaches are complementary, of benefit to clients, and an appropriate use of human/financial resources.
- Discontinues concurrent treatment when physiotherapy services represent a duplication of treatment.
- Identifies, documents, communicates and manages risks of concurrent treatment of the same condition OR discontinues concurrent services and documents when approaches conflict, there is inefficient use of resources, and/or the risks outweigh the benefits to clients.
- Communicates the decision to decline or discontinue concurrent treatment to the client providing their rationale for the decision and documents this discussion.
- Treats clients, health-care team members, and other stakeholders with dignity and respect at all times.