Episode 54: Questions and Concerns Related to Fees and Billing of Physiotherapy Services
15 November 2023
In this episode, Jody, Sean, and Leanne discuss common questions and issues related to physiotherapy business practices.
- Is it appropriate for a physiotherapist to continue to sell their services without demonstrable progress toward the patient’s goals, or is that a conflict of interest?
- Where does demonstrable progress fit into decisions about providing ongoing care or discharging a patient?
- What about maintenance plans for patients with chronic conditions?
- Are there rules or requirements to keep in mind when selling physiotherapy equipment or products?
- What about incentive contracts that see physiotherapists receive a bonus based on volume of product sales?
- What are the risks of accepting pre-payment for physiotherapy services?
We address all these questions in this episode.