Episode 48: Updates to Provision of Professional Services Rules and Requirements
15 May 2023
Speakers: Jody Prohar and Leanne Loranger
The College of Physiotherapists of Alberta has had provision of professional services rules in place for several years. The rules stem from the College’s legislated authority to “approve practice settings where physiotherapists provide services.” In this episode, Jody and Leanne discuss the rationale behind the rules, policy updates that were implemented in 2023, and what those updates mean for physiotherapists and business owners.
Do you have questions about:
- The role of the designated owner of a practice setting?
- The mandatory learning modules in place for Most Responsible Physiotherapists (MRPTs) and some business owners?
- The agreement that MRPTs enter into with the College?
- The transition to online applications?
If so, this is the episode for you!
- Episode 37: Thinking About Opening a Physiotherapy Business? Start Here!
- College of Physiotherapists of Alberta. Provision of Professional Services.