Physiotherapy Alberta – College + Association is now operating under a new name and brand - the College of Physiotherapists of Alberta.
We have been working diligently to achieve compliance with the requirements of Bill 46 the Health Statutes Amendment Act 2020 (No. 2) passed by the Legislative Assembly on December 9, 2020, that mandates the separation of regulatory colleges and professional associations. In 2021 Council approved an action plan to transition to a single mandate regulatory organization. Our work encompassed:
- The development of regulatory principles that guide the organization in distinguishing regulatory activities from association activities.
- Divestment of association activities
- Adoption of a new 5-year strategic plan as a single mandate organization
- Initial support to establish the Alberta Association of Physiotherapy
- Development of a new brand including a new name, logo, and website.
Our new website address will be www.cpta.ab.ca and our email addresses will end with @cpta.ab.ca.
The College of Physiotherapists of Alberta’s mission is to safeguard and serve the public through effective regulation of the practice of physiotherapists in Alberta. We continue to be committed to the safe, effective delivery of quality physiotherapy for all Albertans by regulating physiotherapists’ practices.