The physiotherapist practices within their level of competence and actively pursues continuous lifelong learning to maintain competence in existing and emerging areas of their practice.
Clients can expect that the services they receive are delivered by a physiotherapist who practices within the scope of practice of the profession and actively maintains their individual skills and competencies.
- Maintains the competence requirements reflected in Essential Competency Profile for Physiotherapists in Canada.
- Actively participates in self-directed life-long learning to maintain competence in existing practice areas and to acquire competence in new and emerging areas of practice.
- Is aware of and complies with the Continuing Competence Program Rules approved by Council.
On the General Register must, annually, and prior to renewing their practice permit,
- Successfully complete the competence development and monitoring activities required by the program rules approved by Council.
- Create and submit competence development records, in a form satisfactory to the Registrar.