Episode 46: Understanding the Currency of Practice Hours Requirement
15 March 2023
Speakers: Jody Prohar, Joyce Vogelgesang, and Leanne Loranger
To be eligible to renew their College of Physiotherapists of Alberta practice permit each year, physiotherapists are required to meet currency of practice requirements. The most common way to meet these requirements is to have engaged in the practice of physiotherapy for at least 1200 hours in the 5 registration years immediately preceding the application for permit renewal. Each year the College of Physiotherapists of Alberta receives many questions from regulated physiotherapists regarding practice hours and currency of practice requirements.
Have you ever wondered:
- How many hours a registrant must work to meet the currency of practice requirements?
- What types of hours count towards meeting the currency requirements?
- Whether a physiotherapist is required to count their hours of practice?
- When to report physiotherapy practice hours and what information to include?
- What happens if the physiotherapist does not meet the currency requirement?
If so, this episode is for you!