Instructions + Information
When accessing the Sterling website using the portal link below, use web browser Google Chrome in incognito mode and follow the instructions below carefully.
Select the correct URL
- To begin, select the correct Portal link below and then register for an account.
- You will need to provide a complete address history for all countries where you have lived for the last 10 years.
- Use this URL if your address history DOES NOT include a United States address: Portal link without US address.
- Use this URL if your address history DOES include at least one United States address: Portal link with US address.
- The price is calculated per country and region/state search.
- Typically, when a nationwide search is available in the country there is one fee regardless of the number of regions/states in an address history. When only local searches are available, there is a separate fee for each region/state search in an address history.
- The price is shown in U.S. dollars.
- IMPORTANT: Once payment has been approved, you will be prompted to SUBMIT your documents. Submission does not automatically happen. This is an extra step.
- International criminal record checks can take several weeks to obtain and varies by country.
- The record search typically involves several steps each with a defined outcome. At any time during a step, you may be required to provide additional information.
- The College of Physiotherapists of Alberta only accepts criminal record checks completed by Sterling. There are some countries where Sterling is not able to complete a criminal record search. If you receive a “payment failure” notice after submitting your information this MAY mean a search is not available from one of the countries in your 10-year address history. Email email@example.com to confirm.
- Even if the country search is not available, you must still report the country on your physiotherapist application form.
- The College of Physiotherapists of Alberta will receive the completed report directly from Sterling and it will be reviewed by Registration Staff within six business days.
- The report will also be available for you in your Sterling account.
The College of Physiotherapists of Alberta recently enabled applicants to start the international criminal record check process themselves by using the above portal links. However, some applicants are having a problem submitting their order, others are not. If you are having problems, email the College immedicately so we can help you resolve the issue or switch to a manual process. Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.