Instructions + Information
Select the correct URL
- To begin, select the correct Portal link below and then register for an account.
- You will need to provide a complete address history for all countries where you have lived for the last 10 years.
- Use this URL if your address history DOES NOT include a United States address: Portal link without US address.
- Use this URL if your address history DOES include at least one United States address: Portal link with US address.
- The price is calculated per country and region/state search.
- Typically, when a nationwide search is available in the country there is one fee regardless of the number of regions/states in an address history. When only local searches are available, there is a separate fee for each region/state search in an address history.
- The price is shown in U.S. dollars.
- IMPORTANT: Once payment has been approved, you will be prompted to SUBMIT your documents. Submission does not automatically happen. This is an extra step.
- International criminal record checks can take several weeks to obtain and varies by country.
- The record search typically involves several steps each with a defined outcome. At any time during a step, you may be required to provide additional information.
- The College of Physiotherapists of Alberta only accepts criminal record checks completed by Sterling. There are some countries where Sterling is not able to complete a criminal record search. If you receive a “payment failure” notice after submitting your information this MAY mean a search is not available from one of the countries in your 10-year address history. Email email@example.com to confirm.
- Even if the country search is not available, you must still report the country on your physiotherapist application form.
- The College of Physiotherapists of Alberta will receive the completed report directly from Sterling and it will be reviewed by Registration Staff within six business days.
- The report will also be available for you in your Sterling account.